Monday, November 12, 2007

My Impact on Bio-diversity

When I read this question I didn't really think much of it. I that my actions aren't really "harming" the environment...until I took a deeper look. When it comes to recycling I do my best to separate plastics and aluminum cans but when it came to paper, it went right in the trash. Working at a grocery store is a huge insight to waste as well. A new project that is being put forth is the usage of canvas bags. These are renewable and environmental friendly. Every plastic bag takes years and years to decompose so who knows what harm it's doing to it's surroundings as it sits warming to break down. This I believe is where I am harming the environment and possible leading to habitat loss. With this knowledge, canvas bags seem to be worth spending a couple dollars for. Another plus is that every time you use the bags the checkers enter 1075 which is a code that gives money to a wildlife fund.

No comments: